Lake Nona News
Lake Nona is Evolving
Lake Nona is growing into a world class Medical City. It has many healthier life style options that all support the medical research. It is upbeat and geared toward healthy living.
Lake Nona Impact Forum
This Spring was the annual Lake Nona Impact Forum comprised of 250 leaders, from the healthcare, government, and techology sectors. Even Dr. Oz, one of the most respected health was at the forum. It was a collaboration of ideas and resources.
Some of the inovations are:
- Tavistock and Delos focusing on better air and water quality
- Business Venture to attract Life Science Companies
- Develop protocols for health and wellness of design of buildings
- Launching of Sharecare, a health and wellness app in 1 year trial
- A new university join Lake Nona, Florida Institute of Technology
United States Tennis Association (USTA)
- UTSA located across from Village Walk, broke ground April 8th to build 100+ courts
- This largest tennis training center is expected to open 2016 and employ 150 people
- This will also attract other sports performance and well being companies to Lake Nona
Laureate Park’s Amenity Expansion
New features added to the amenity center of Laureate Park.
- 300 Seat Dinner Restaurant
- Market and Daytime Cafe
- 3,200 square fett state of the art Fitness Center
- Multi-purpose center
Gateway Building Opens
Offering medical services for resident and employees from Florida Hospital and Unversity of Central Florida.
Day to Day Events in Lake Nona
- Enjoy Yoga several days each month
- Movie Nights at Crescent Park, 8:30 PM
- Run Nona dated set for November 21, 2015 5K, 15K, 20K
- Farmers Market in Lake Nona first Saturday of the month 9Am-2pm.
- Food Trucks second Thursday each month 5-8pm.
- Qigong several mornings at 7AM.
Brand New Communities opening in the Lake Nona area
- Grand Opening of Lakeshore at Narcoossee, just 5 miles from Medical City offers affordable Lakefront Homes. Single family and townhomes available.
- Pre-selling of Somerset, single family home community located next to Medical City west side of Lake Nona.
- Grand Opening of Enclave of Village Walk, featuring high end homes $700,000+ conservation lots available.
Interesting Lake Nona Facts
- Lake Nona area is 11 square miles and home to 9,000 residents.
- 80% of residents have a college degree.
- 7,000 students from Pre-K to PhD.
Contact Buyers Broker of Florida today to learn about real estate opportunities in the Lake Nona area. No pressure information 407-539-1053
Lake Nona Homes for Sale