Orange County New Homes Soaring
New Builds Taking Off Orange County, Florida
According to the Orlando Sentinel, new home building permits have soared to the highest level in Orange County in 10 years!
Permits for single family homes are up by 3,600 over last year.
A few theories are circulating as to why. It could be the result of pent up demand, shortages on the resales market, and lower impact fees.
Regardless of the reason, new construction real estate is booming in Orange County.
Other bordering counties such as Osceola, Lake, and Seminole counties remain flat for new construction starts.
Top Spots for Orange County New Homes
Lake Nona and Horizons West continue to dominate the top spot for new home building. Lake Nona’s housing demand is due to the Medical City’s economic growth. While Horizons West, in Southwest Orlando, is a builders opportunity for vast amount of land choices.
Benefits to Buying a New Construction Home
Orange county new homes can provide some unique advantages to home buyers over purchasing a resale.
- You will have peace of mind knowing you will not have to make major repairs after you move in. Plus, builders give you a 1 year bumper to bumper, 2-5 year mechanical, and 10 year structural home warranty.
Customize Your Home:
- You can select your own colors you like, add your preferred flooring, change some structual options to fit the families lifestyle.
- Competition can be fierce for re-sale home buyers with rules for how to win bids in multiple offers. In new construction home buyers have access to several lots or builders to choose from.
Good Option for FHA/VA Homebuyers:
- New homes offer buyers financing with a lower down payment available homes with getting beat out from competition on the resale market. When homes are in brand new top shape condition, the buyers do not worry that the property will not meet appraisal standards on FHA/VA loan.
Unique Upgrades Included:
- Sometimes buyers can have a large portion of a pool or solar electricity panels financed into the purchase price.
Check Out other New Construction Tips
Smart home buyers always use a buyers agent to represent them on new home transaction. There are only benefits and no additional cost to have an agent on your side. Contact Buyers Broker of Florida for your new home options. 407-539-1053.