What type of inspections will I need?

The home inspections you will need will depend upon what type of property you are buying. A single family home will require a basic “comprehensive” inspections which covers roof, structural, electrical, plumbing, heat and air conditioning system, appliances and pool. Buyer will typically also have a WDO (Wood Destroying Organism) inspection which would include termites, rotten wood, powder post beetles, and ants.

You may also need a septic tank evaluation or other specialty inspections. On very large homes, you may wish to have specialists in each related fields such as air conditioner contractor, roofing contractor, electrical contractors, elevator, masonry or Lutron system contractors.

If you are buying a condo or townhome, you may not need to inspect as much as it will depend upon what portion of the property you really own and what the association covers.

Comments are closed.

realtor NAEBA
© Copyright Buyers Brokers of Florida. All rights reserved. Sitemap
Real Estate Website Design by Agent Image
linkedin facebook twitter youtube pinterest Googleplus